Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Weekday Struggle

Where my working moms at? Yea, I'm talking about the weekday routine. You know, where you're pretty much a robot Monday through Friday?

I've been back to work for about 3 months now and I always have people asking me "how is it?", "are you getting into a routine?". Shit, routine is my middle name. I feel like a robot on an assembly line on a daily basis. I must say, a lot of people think being a stay at home mom or a working mom has the eaisier job. But, I assure you, neither one of them is easy. Sometime I think maybe my house would be a little cleaner if I stayed home, or maybe the fridge might be fuller. But really, what's that in the grand scheme of things.....and maybe that might not even be the case.

I've been lucky enough that my boss lets me work at home on Monday's, but for the rest of the week, it's what I like to call 'The Big Rush Around'. Here is what my typical work day looks like;

5:30 - Wake up, Get ready, pump one boob
6:15 - Wake Baby up, feed baby on other boob
6:30 - Walk Dog
6:35 - Carry the shit ton of shit to car (Pump, baby food/bottles, purse, lunch, spare clothes for baby - potentionally my work laptop, diapers or wipes...oh yes and BABY!)
6:45 - Drive baby to my sisters and drive myself to work.
7:30 - 4:00p - Work
4:30 - Pick up baby
5:00 - 7:30 - Get home, make dinner, wash bottles and pump parts, feed humans, bath child.
8:00 - Give baby bottle and put her to sleep.
8:30 - Attempt to shower and pack everything up for the next day.
9:00 - Pump and finally go to bed.

Add Laundry and cleaning in there somewhere.

So yea... I'm a robot. Does your workday look like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment