Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Making Homemade Baby Food

Make your own baby food is super easy. You just need a food processor of any sort and fruits and vegetables. I have a very small food processor, but it gets the job done. It's not necessary to buy one of those huge systems with everything in it if you don't have the money. Heck, I had the money, but I'd rather have less junk in my house. All you really need to do is cook the fruits and veggies. Some need to be baked, some are boiled and some don't even need to be cooked at all. I simply just googled whatever fruit and you'll see how to prepare it. After you've ran the food through the processor, you can either put in nice little cube containers or an ice tray. If you're using a nice tray, cover the tray with saran wrap, freeze, then break the cubes out and store in ziplock bags. Fresh food is good in the fridge for about 3 days.

Here's all the food I made last night. Took me about an hour and I made 3 sweet potatoes, 4 peaches and 1/2 bag of peas (mixed with sweet potato, since my baby isn't the biggest fan).

So have you given making your own baby food a shot?


No comments:

Post a Comment