Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Friends with no Kids

Well all this point, I'm in the middle of the summer and most of my weekends are totally packed with awesome plans. And by awesome, I mean weddings, graduations, birthdays and other miscellaneous things I wish I didn't commit to. Don't get me wrong, I love a fun wedding every now and then, but I would love nothing more than to couch surf in my underwear for just one day.

That said, I feel like I've been letting my 'friends with no kids' fall to the bottom of the barrel. I do love them, and I'm lucky that most of them understand how busy life gets, but on the other hand I feel like a small portion of them think I'm lame now ...and their pretty damn close.

So this ones for you, friends with no kids.

Dear Friend,

It wasn't very long ago when we would hang out routinely. We would drink way too much, spend lots of money, stay out late and really pretty much have life by the balls. These days, a 6 month old has me by the balls.

All my money goes to daycare, cute baby gap dresses and other baby needs.

Having a few brewskis sounds pretty fun, but they don't really mix well when you need to wake up early and entertain a child all day long.

Oh and time. Yea, I have none of it. After my (working) weekday shuffle, I need to catch up on all the things I didn't get done during the week, on the weekend, plus all those damn weddings.

So friend, It's not that I don't love you and or don't want to hang out with you; I'm just trying to find that happy medium.

Love,
Your exhausted parent friend.

I'd also like to take this time and post a bunch of pictures of my young drunk careless self. You are gone, but never forgotten, self. We'll meet again someday...only you'll drunk off of a couple glasses of wine and not quite as dumb.



Something you want to tell your childless friends? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment