Friday, May 30, 2014

Homemade Laundry Detergent

I've been meaning to make laundry detergent for a while just to save money, but once I started reading into all the harmful chemicals in pretty much everything, I wanted to do it even more.

I looked at recipes and made my own using even safer products. A lot of them were made with borax, but after further research I found that it wasn't as safe as everyone thought it was. The EWG (www.ewg.org) actually gave it an "F". So as I search for a safer alternative, I came across a knock-off oxiclean that was both safer and cheaper! Below is my recipe!

1 box arm & hammer washing soda
3 lbs. baking soda
4 lbs (4 containers) LA's totally awesome power oxygen
3 bars Kirks Castile soap bars, grated (found in body soap isle)

Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container. Use up to 2 tablespoon per load.




No comments:

Post a Comment